[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Kotozakura

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Sat May 4 08:45:59 EDT 2024

>From Moti

Best regards,
Jeffrey Anderson
Gaijingai
For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these:
It might have been.
- John Greenleaf Whittier

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, May 4, 2024 at 3:16 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Kotozakura
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Ozeki Kotozakura (still weird) trained today at home against visitors
Daieishou Ouhou and heyamate Kotoshouhou, doing 14 straight bouts and going
9-5. He was observed trying all kinds of grips-migi yotsu, hidari yotsu,
morozashi and hummus. Also worked on his stamina, going 14 rounds straight
and all. "I'm working on getting better so that I don't enter the basho
half-ready.. " he explained. It was the first time sekitori from other
heyas came for degeiko since the banzuke was announced. Ouhou and Daieishou
are both pusher-thrusters. "They are, but a bit different in style. I
wanted to properly be able to face those type of rikishi," added Kotozakura
(SW).

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/50fd02c9-d315-440e-8a54-160d1808986en%40googlegroups.com