[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Training news

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Mon May 6 22:21:51 EDT 2024

>From Moti

Best regards,
Jeffrey Anderson
Gaijingai
For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these:
It might have been.
- John Greenleaf Whittier

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, May 6, 2024 at 12:18 PM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Training news
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

The May Basho starts next Sunday 12.5.24 and will run through 26.5.24.

Takerufuji has finally done some shiko stomps. "As for entering Natsu,It's
going to be a last-minute decision.. The pain is still there. I feel I want
to enter but entering while I'm not properly ready worries me.., " he said.
"He is training while geared towards entering," said Isegahama Oyakata.

Asanoyama OTOH still can't do any shiko and it is not looking good for his
entry.

Ozeki Kirishima seems back in form as he was 16-1 today, training at
Tokitsukaze beya against the likes of Mitakeumi, Shoudai, Nishikigi and
Tokihayate. OTOH, he was looking great in training before Haru and we know
how that ended. Two days ago he was still taped up and had neck pains.
After receiving treatment, he seemed better today. It seems the pain was
not from the neck, but from his shoulder area, and once he got that, he was
not afraid to go head first at the tachiai, and go head-first he did. "He
is feeling much better than two days ago- if he continues like this for
three more days he should be good to go, "said Ex-Kakuryuu Oyakata. "It's
been a while since my neck was in good shape, so I decided to go head-on
today. If the pain really is gone, I'll be going all out from now on!"
declared Kirishima.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/b9401188-1533-451c-bf08-4a48aaa4b3b9n%40googlegroups.com