[sumo] Tachiai question

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 10:12:25 EDT 2024

And you just answered it yourself.

They don’t have to go down simultaneously. two can be down by one rikishi
and one by the other. They can legally go when that fourth hand hits the
ground, but I don’t know when I’ve last seen that fourth hand hit the
ground in 10 years or more! 😄

It’s interesting that in amasumo, they both have their hands fully on the
ground and only go when the gyoji gives them the command.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Anderson
Gaijingai
For of all sad words of tongue or pen,