[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Training news

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 13:38:40 EDT 2024

Moti
Gaijingai

Best regards,
Jeffrey Anderson

For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these:
It might have been.
- John Greenleaf Whittier

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jul 7, 2024 at 1:34 PM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Training news
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Ozeki Kotozakura trained at home against visiting Ouhou and others. 12
bouts, 9 wins. "All I can do is give it my all as usual. If I win the
yusho, the future will be clearer, again," he waxed philosophically. He was
seen wearing a sock in his left foot. "I sprained it a bit," he admitted.
He had no taping on when he did sumo and there was no obvious problem with
his movements. His Oyakata/dad explained that because of the extreme heat,
Kotozakura was doing a lot fewer bouts to prevent heatstroke. "It's
important he wins despite the heat.. He's got to get through 15 days of
battles, you know.." summed Sadogatake Oyakata.

Ozeki Houshouryuu went for degeiko at Sakaigawa beya yesterday. 18 bouts
against the likes of Hiradoumi and Kirishima, winning 12. "It was good
keiko.. I intend to continue this way. I really want to yusho.. I shall be
careful not to get injured.." he said. He tsuriotoshied Hiradoumi twice.
"That felt good.." he added.

Sekiwake Kirishima needs 10 wins to return to Ozeki and is doing vigorous
training at various stables. Yesterday he faced Hiradoumi, Houshouryuu and
others at Sakaigawa beya. "I feel I'm back to my good condition.. If I'm
able to do this level of training, I see no problem," he said. The neck
injury that was troubling him seems to have mostly healed. He trained for
two days at Arashio beya, then went to Tatsunami beya as well. "Surely if I
don't hit I won't be able to do any sumo..I need that to be able to move
forward.." he added. "He is better today than he was yesterday. If he can
hit more properly.. " said Otowayama Oyakata (ex- Kakuryuu). "My kids said
- 'Papa, win the yusho!!'," said an excited Kirishima.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/51166195-4c43-4010-88e2-80aa4c721311n%40googlegroups.com