[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - More YDC Soken results

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Thu May 2 05:10:27 EDT 2024

>From Moti

Best regards,
Jeffrey Anderson
Gaijingai
For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these:
It might have been.
- John Greenleaf Whittier

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 2, 2024 at 3:46 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - More YDC Soken results
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Kotozakura (still weird writing this) had 10 bouts, won six, against fellow
Ozeki and "others". "I was taken aback by the announcer calling Kotozakura-
I forgot all about that. It's going to take some time getting used to that,
" he explained. The Kokugikan electronic board still lists him as
Kotonowaka..

Takakeishou faced Kotozakura, Kirishima and Houshouryuu and was 1-5. He
managed to shove Kirishima out, but lost the rest of his bouts when he was
stopped in his tracks. He left the last tournament on day 14 and was absent
from the jungyo, so he actually did not face any Makuuchi rikishi since
withdrawing. "It's been a while so I was trying to gradually get my ring
sense back..No use hurrying things. I guess it was good that I managed to
face the top guys," he said. He is plagued with  a chronic neck injury
coupled with a chest injury and there are only 10 shopping days till Natsu.
"I can only do my best to heal my ailments. If I go all out or not the
basho will be coming so all I can do is use my fighting spirit in my
preparations, I guess.." he summed.

Kadoban Ozeki Kirishima was 4-2 against his Ozeki counterparts. He sprained
his neck region and both elbows, injured a right bicep and missed the
jungyo. "I wanted to concentrate on getting better. I think I did well," he
said.

Ozeki Houshouryuu was 7-5.

--

---